Re: rxvt in my cygwin.bat file..

I have found a workaround. Just change your rxvt line to read:

rxvt -geometry 80x60 -e cmd /c c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -i

This is assuming you're running 2000, ME, or XP. I don't know about 9x.
You can look for a command.com option that does the same thing as /c for
cmd.exe. (Runs a command and then exits.)

The only side effect to this method is a warning message at the top of
the rxvt window reading:

readline: warning: rl_prep_terminal: cannot get terminal settings

Since calling bash from cmd works, it would appear to be an issue with
how rxvt is calling bash, but I'm afraid that I don't really know how to
track this down any further. Hopefully it'll be of help to someone who
is a bit more knowledgeable in the subject. Hope this helps.

-Alex Malinovich