RE: Scriptable start.exe

Setup.exe has never been scriptable in any respect, and no discussion to that
effect has occurred here to the best of my knowledge.  People have been
discussing adding such a feature, but I haven't seen any code.

> So I am wondering what the state of making start.exe scriptable is?  This is
> a feature that would be quite helpful on a current project so that clients
> can install a properly configured cygwin without the few clicks that are
> required now.

None of the people that have been working on setup.exe recently (including
myself) appear to have any desire to add any scripting functionality to it.
There's much more important work that needs to be done before such a notion
could even be realistically considered.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.