RE: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs

Malcolm,

never gets started means that cygrunsrv does not seam to exec /usr/sbin/sshd
at all (we've replaced the exec with somthing else to try this). Started
with invoker, there is NO delay in starting the sshd. Just the same as for
the installations with a working cygrunsrv. The long startup only occurs on
systems where the service doesn't start.

Again, this is NOT a startup issue. Just toi make it clear, this is trying
to start the sshd daemon while the system is running (days after the last
restart even) with being logged in using PCAnywhere from remote and haveing
filesystems mapped. So I'm shure that networking is operational ;-)

I personally doubt that this is a permission problem. There is no indication
to this (remember, once started by invoker, sshd just runs as usual).

Mit besten Grüssen,
Kind regards,

Patrick Hildenbrand