RE: unix domain socket with shared memory ?

I'm sorry, I doesn't know that. You can find a viewer under
http://office.microsoft.com/germany/downloads/2000/Ppview97.aspx
This presentation is a journey of the linux tcp and unix domain socket implementation and show very nice how the
implementation works. An english translation is appended :-)
Perhaps we can use it to create soemthing similar for cygwin. I think there are only changes nesessary in the
functions names and functions levels, but the basics are the same.

Please be patiented with the presentation, I think the first pages will bore you, so skip to chapter 3, there are
the interesting thinks. I think this could be a good starting point for discussion. Especially for guys, who are
not very familiar with unix sockets (like I was)

> But that's not the point.  Why is it needed to have the whole
> thread again in the posting?  Could you please quote only the
> relevant parts of previous postings?  I don't like to have to
> scroll 400 lines down until the first new sentence occurs.

Okay, sorry.

> And perhaps it's possible to care for the line breakage.  I'm
> tired to have to figure out first, which line is still part of
> the quote and which is new.

I have no problem with line breakage. I have set line breakage to 115 characters, how do I set this ?

Currently I'm forced to use Outlook and this is very limited in the way of doing this.
Perhaps anyone else have an idea how to deal this with outlook.
I hope I can use KMail sometime in the future :-)

> Just to be clear, you're not the only one and this happens not
> only in this mailing list.  But that doesn't make it better.

Perhaps it would be good to give some hints, in the faq I haven't nothin about this topic ?

Ralf