Re: od

Sir,

You have got to be kidding.

For the record, the x86 architecture is little-endian, PowerPC, e.g., is
bid-endian. On the off chance that you're running Windows NT (and
Cygwin???) on an Alpha, I have to admit I don't know which byte ordering it
uses.

You will get the 16-bit output you want from od (any radix) if you run
Darwin PPC, MacOS X or LinuxPPC, among other systems.

Otherwise, what you request ain't gonna happen. If you want od to interpret
and display integers with sizes greater than 1 byte in a way that differs
from that of the local processor, you could create a hacked version of "od"
for your personal use.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA