Re: Question about writing reports

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 06:26:17PM -0600, Jonathan Hayward wrote:
> I posted an apparent bug report about gcc/Cygwin 1.3.9 aborting on
> function prototypes that worked flawlessly under gcc/RH. I tried to
> write a descriptive statement and included cygcheck output. It was
> posted about a week ago, and I haven't seen a reply yet. Is there
> further information I can post that will be useful in replying?

Sorry but, what reply do you expect?  The error message is very
likely caused by a datatype not known by Cygwin.  You changed the
Makefile to define __WINDOWS__ and __WIN32__.  That's not the best
way to build a Cygwin binary since the package could use these
defines to include different headers and such.  When compiling for
Cygwin, try the pure unixy way first.  And you're talking about a
header `crypt.h'.  You know that a header with that name already
exists in Cygwin, don't you?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.