Hi

Hello,
I installed cygwin on my PC (intel PIII) running winXP. I want now to
install a C compiler like GCC, so that
I can run some C programs. I cannot install GCC from the tar file
because it needs a c compiler itself for its installation.
Where should I begin? I downloaded Borland free C compiler and installed
it. Entered the path in /etc/profile, and get the
message c compiler cannot create executables. I downloaded a Redhat RPM
installer for cygwin, and downloaded the gcc.rpm from
red hat, but when I run rpm --install gcc...rpm, I get the message this
RPM installer can work with major numbers <=3.
Can you tell me what is the best way for someone to get GCC installed on
a PC which has cygwin on it?
Thank you

Best regards,

Desh Gopaul