Re: Enviroment always uppercased; Help me, please

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 03:16:47PM +0100, Markus K. E. Kommant wrote:
>Really???
>
>> Don't start the program from a non cygwin program.
>
>I am using Windows 2000/NT operating system as the base for my cygwin
>programs and not DOS and not Linux.

Huh?

>Do anyone know a good trick to use POSIX Environment (or simply real Windows
>Environment) without the cygwin-DOS changes.

c:\> c:\cygwin\bin\sh -c "myprog.exe arg1 arg2"

I really don't know what you're talking about wrt cygwin-DOS.

>Hopefully waiting for help, without real POSIX I have to look for another
>programming base, instead of cygwin...
>
>Probably there has anybody build an own cygwin1.dll with POSIX Environment
>on Windows???

No idea what this question is.  Are you saying that you want a cygwin for
the POSIX subsystem?  There is no reason for such a thing.

cgf