From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) [mailto:lhall@rfk.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 12:55 PM
To: Sanjay Gupta; 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: RE: Path Name Help

OK, then you want to review some good documents on basic tenants of UNIX and
it's shells.

This is neither an Oracle issue nor a Cygwin one.  It's a cockpit error.
For this particular issue, you can resolve your problem by quoting your
path or escaping the backslashes.  You may find that 'exp' allows you to
use '/' for the path separator, in which case you can substitute it for
'\' and not need to make any other syntax changes.  But that's dependent
on how strict 'exp' is with path separators.  I personally can't say.

Reading up on how UNIX shells works would be a good basis for your
continued work in this area and save you the time of looking for a list
to post future questions like this to.

At 03:48 PM 2/28/2002, Sanjay Gupta wrote:
>I am not sure whether this is Oracle issue because if I use the same
command
>from the command prompt of Windows, it does work.
>e.g. the following command works from windows does prompt. The files gets
>created in d:\oracle8i\exp directory.
>exp system/manager file=d:\Oracle8i\Exp\Exp.dmp  full=Y
>
>but the same thing does not work well when executed from cygwin shell.

oracle8iexpexp.dmp.