Re: "local install"?

Randall,

the original poster's suggestion was not to use setup.exe to download
the packages, but rather a linux box. This way you lose the dependency
tracking in setup.exe (it does not run on Linux afaik), and to
make sure you don't miss a dependency and thus waste a CD you'd have
to download *all* available packages which is a waste of time.

I'm afraid you misunderstood my comments on this issue. I fully agree
that using setup.exe to first download and later install the packages
is the most versatile way of doing things. I just pointed out that
manually downloading the packages, thus bypassing setup.exe in the
first place, will have issues.

regards,
Markus

--