RE: Is the Cygwin 1.3.2 DLL Win 2000 compatible?

At 07:59 AM 3/1/2002, David Starks-Browning wrote:
>On Thursday 28 Feb 02, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) writes:
> > David (Starks-Browning), do you think it's necessary to update this
> > FAQ entry so that it's clear that the Cygwin DLL has historically supported
> > the then released versions of Windows?
>
>Larry,
>
>I don't understand what's wrong with the current FAQ entry.  Maybe I
>misunderstand the question?
>
>Thanks,
>David

Hi David,

Perhaps.  It's an esoteric one.  The original poster of this question wanted
to know if Cygwin 1.3.2 would work with Win2000.  I replied with the FAQ
entry that says Cygwin works with 9x/Me/NT/W2K/XP.  The reply I got back
from the poster then was that he had seen this entry but thought it
referenced only the current Cygwin DLL (1.3.9 at that point).  So the only
question I was raising was whether you think it would be more or less
confusing to people to add some wording to the FAQ entry that specifies
that any recent Cygwin DLL works with Windows, not just the latest.
It's not clear to me that this additional wording wouldn't raise more
questions than it answers.  Judging by your response, I think leaving things
as is may be the best option.  What do you think?