why the attitude?

I've subscribed to this list for some time now, and it still surprises
me when the project admins (and heavy contributors) come down on folks
so hard, because they're not contributing their own fixes, or not
understanding what someone wrote, or whatever.  This last thread about
the news server really slammed it home for me... to an outsider there was
an obvious communication barrier, and Lars (who's quite an upstanding open
source guy himself, as the author of Gnus for Emacs) gets flamed from all
sides when in fact he really *doesn't* have anything to do with Cygwin,
and was allowing one of his other (open source) projects to be used
for Cygwin's benefit.  Sad.

Guys, I realize Cygwin is open source and that you all work hard
to improve it, and that you'd love to have people contribute more.
Being nasty ain't the way to do it.

--
 scott evans : www.antisleep.com