Re: Printing locally

Hi All...

Having watched this thread, I decided to give the printing a try (in the
past, I have only done Windows based printing).

If I do

cat file > prn

or

cat file > //machine/DeskJet

from a bash shell the file is sent to the printer, but the printer gets an
error (flashing error light on the printer) that must be cleared before the
file prints. After clearing the error, the page I printed for testing is
printed.

If I do

print file

from a bash shell, it prints just fine.

My system is a Win2kpro with everything current as of this morning.

Thanks,

Karl