Re: xdvi runtime error

Nicolae,

A 128 megabyte realloc fails? No kidding??

There is a Cygwin-wide allocation limit that defaults, if I recall
correctly, to 128 megabytes. There is a registry entry that overrides this
default called HEAP_CHUNK_IN_MB.

Here are the details, excerpted from an email by "Scott A. Hill"
<s.a.hill@larc.nasa.gov> sent Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:59:30 -0400:

-==-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\

Create a new DWORD value there called "heap_chunk_in_mb" that contains the
maximum amount of memory (in Mb) your application needs (watch the
hex/decimal toggle). Exit and restart all cygwin applications.

The default is 128 (i.e. 128Mb) if no registry key is set.
-==-

Good luck.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA