Re: cygwin 1.3.10: kill gives spurious Not owner

> /cygdrive/d/jdk1.3/bin/java is undoubtedly not a cygwin process
It is a bash script that runs a java program.
I would expect the bash script to catch and process the signal.

Is this a mistaken assumption?

> The work around is to use bash to start the process.
This is what I am doing.  The script is only two lines long, viz:

#!/bin/bash

java -server -classpath
"./NewFlatFileAdapter.jar:$MERIDIAN_CLASSPATH" -Dmeridian.home="$MERIDIAN_HO
ME" com.misys.meridian.runtime.server.StartServer
ewFlatFileAdapter  -logToScreen

regards
                                                    Stephen

Stephen Osborn
Meridian Senior Consultant

Tel: +44 (0)20 8486 1790 (Direct)
Fax: +44 (0)20 8947 2718

E-mail: stephen.osborn@misys.com
Web: www.misys.com

This email message is intended for the named recipient only.
It may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended named recipient of this email
then you should not copy it or use it for any purpose,
nor disclose its contents to any other person.
You should contact Misys International Banking Systems as shown
below so that we can take appropriate action at no cost to yourself.

Misys International Banking Systems Ltd,
1 St George's Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4DR, England.
Email: ibs.postmaster@misys.com.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8879 1188 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8947 3373

Misys International Banking Systems Ltd is registered in England and Wales
under company no. 971479