RE: cygwin.com suggestions

Thanks for your suggestions, feedback on them in-line.

> 1) Include the current version number of setup.exe on the front page.
> Otherwise, there is no way for the infrequent visitor to the
> website to
> know if setup.exe has been updated other than to re-download
> and run it.

Setup.exe will warn you if it is out of date - the online data includes
the current version of setup.exe in the ini file. Having the version
number on the website is thus redudant.

> 2) Include in the FAQ (or somewhere) a section on "How to
> Safely Update the
> Cygwin dll". Probably just "shut down all cygwin apps,
> including daemons",
> but it would be useful to know for sure.

The next release of setup.exe automatically address's this and will
replace in-use .dll's.

> 3) Include or link those instructions in announcements of new
> Cygwin dll
> releases.
>
> Do these make sense?

They do, but as you can see we already have in place other measures to
address the same issues.

Rob