Re: terminal is not fully functional ***Rootdir problems***

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Mark Bram" <relaxedrob@optushome.com.au>
To: "Andrew Markebo" <flognat@flognat.myip.org>; "Cygwin"
<cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 4:26 AM
Subject: RE: terminal is not fully functional ***Rootdir problems***

> Howdy and thanks for the response!
>
> I have changed ROOTDIR so it is now "C:\cygwin" but I am still getting
these
> problems:
>
> When I run Cygwin it is putting me in a home directory of "/cygdrive/c"
(not
> my user directory) and some of my commands are not working. For example:
> Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
> $ pwd
> /cygdrive/c
>
> Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
> $ man ls | less
> WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
> -  (press RETURN)
>

> Any other ideas please!!??
>
> Rob
> :)

I'm a Cygwin newbie, although a long time UNIX/Linux user, but here's an
idea: check that you have ncurses
cygcheck --check-setup | grep ncurses
and maybe try reinstalling them

libncurses5         5.2-1
libncurses6         5.2-8
ncurses             5.2-8

You could also check that `env | grep -i term` output makes sense to you

HTH
Oleg