RE: terminal is not fully functional ***Rootdir problems***

Hi again Andrew!

I have Cygwin DLL version 1.3.10 - I downloaded it only last week!

> | I have changed ROOTDIR so it is now "C:\cygwin" but I am still getting
these
> | problems:
>
> BTW My rootdir isn't set to anything, try and not setting it.

 Tried this and it had no effect!

>| When I run Cygwin it is putting me in a home directory of "/cygdrive/c"
(not
>| my user directory) and some of my commands are not working. For example:
>| Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
>| $ pwd
>| /cygdrive/c

> Check the cygwin.bat file, I think you will see a cd there or
> something..  I think that you have to tell it to cd to your
> homedrive..

cygwin.bat contents as follows:

@echo off

C:
chdir \cygwin\bin

bash --login -i

But that bash login should change me to my home directory shouldn't it?

> Where is your 'homedrive'?

>From the output of set:
HOME=/cygdrive/c
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH='\'
HOSTNAME=DIJONG

I found out that I am already beginning from the 'HOMEDRIVE'. I started a
new prompt and got this output:

Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
$ PWD
/cygdrive/c
Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
$ echo $HOMEDRIVE
C:
Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
$ cd $HOMEDRIVE
Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
$ pwd
/cygdrive/c
Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
$

> | Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
> | $ man ls | less
> | WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
> | -  (press RETURN)

> Hmm do a echo $TERM and see what it says..

*** Here is something intereseting:

Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
$ echo $TERM
nutc

Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~
$ set | grep TERM
TERM=nutc
TERMCAP='C:\PROGRA~1\RATIONAL\RATION~1\NUTCROOT\etc\termcap'
TERMINFO='C:\PROGRA~1\RATIONAL\RATION~1\NUTCROOT\usr\lib\terminfo'

Robert Mark Bram@DIJONG ~

"nutc" is something Rational Rose changed - it installed a directory called
"nutc" for itself.

What should term be?

Thank you once again for your help!

Rob