cygwin/xfree86

Hi,

I have downloaded today's version of cygwin, installed all packages,
downloaded the todays's files for xfree86, installed as described.
 From bash I went to /usr/X11R6/bin and ran "sh startxwin.sh".
I got a white window that filled the screen for half a second and then
disappeared.

As startup-scripts.tar.gz contains a startxwin.bat file, I opened a dos
command window,
went to\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin and typed startxwin.bat.
I got shell windows entitled xterm and twm, then the white screen, then
nothing.
My dos shell contains after that :
startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows 95/98/Me
X connection to 127.0.0.1:0.0 broken (explicit kill or sever shutdown).

The enclosed file was produced by cygcheck -scv.

Would be fine have X running on my PC/Windows.
If someone can help, thanks in advance.

Dr. Jean-Marc Nuzillard
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie
UMR 6013