Re: .bashrc not getting sourced?

Wow.  That was allot of discussion and conjecture on this topic.  Did anyone
think of looking at the GNU bash documentation before posting?

http://www.lns.cornell.edu/public/COMP/info/bash/bashref_7.html#SEC65

Seems to me this answers the question quite well about where this kind of
check is recommended.  And no post was required to get the information. ;-)

BTW, the check was removed from /etc/profile because bash is not the only
shell that reads that file.