HOWTO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING (was: RE: "Give me everything" setup option?)

For the archives....

Downloading *everything* with setup.exe.

First-off, setup.exe uses information contained in /etc/setup/ to
determine whats pacakges are not installed, and then looks in your
'local package dir' at *every mirror site you chose* to determine what
is missing and needs downloading. So choosing
+ All () install
at the top level, will on a system that does not have a /etc/setup,
result in downloading *everything* (for the current stability
(prev/curr/test)).

So.. how does one download everything again?
1) Run setup,exe choose download only, change the top level to
'retrieve'. This will force a download even if the file is on your local
system
2) Run setup.exe again, choose down only, change the top level to
'install'. This will download every available package that is not
current installed.

Some hints:
*) Don't delete your local package dir. Cygwin setup uses it.
*) Really, don't delete it.
*) If you want to clear it out a bit, consider writing a perl script, or
setup.exe patch to remove package tarballs from specific mirrors that
aren't listed in setup.ini.

Rob