Cron configuration problem on XP, cygwin 2.125.2.10, cron 3.0.1-6

Greetings.  I am having trouble with cron on Windows XP. I have
installed it as a service using cygrunsrv as described in the
cron.README. I have not changed the etc/group SYSTEM entry as described
in the readme. I can start the cron server and it attempts to execute
commands in the crontab. But I get the following error in the Event Log:
error (can't switch user context).
The README says to run the service under the SYSTEM account to be able
to switch the user context without password, which should work on
NT/W2K, and I've done that. Is there something more or different I
should do on XP? I have searched the mailing list archive but haven't
found anything regarding how to resolve the problem on XP. Any pointer
to a resolution would be appreciated.

Steven Caswell
stevencaswell@yahoo.com
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving