rsync question

As part of a perl script (I'm invoking the script from the dos shell),
I'm starting rsync if it doesn't appear in the process list.  I've tried
a few ways to reference the rsync location to the script, but I get
'system can't find the path specified' messages.  So, if rsync.exe is
located at c:\cygwin\bin\rsync.exe and the conf file is located at
c:\cygwin\usr\share\rsync.conf, what is the recommended way to invoke
"rsync --daemon --configure=/usr/share/config.conf"?

I've tried lots of different iterations -- I'll spare you all from the
details -- with no success.

In case you're wondering, I'm setting this script up as a W2K scheduled
task -- hence my need/desire to have it run from the dos shell.  If it
runs successfully from the dos prompt, then I expect that it will work
OK as a scheduled task.

Many thanks in advance,
Brian