Re: CDROM Access very slow under Windows XP

At 11:23 PM 4/1/2002, Arek \(James Potts\) wrote:
>Hi.  I just installed Cygwin on my Windows XP box and CDROM access seems to
>be locked at ~1X for some reason.  Any ideas as to what might be causing
>this?  Thanks in advance.

It's very unlikely that Cygwin is directly affecting your CDROM access but,
of course, given the information in your report, it's not possible to
be more specific in response.  My suggestion would be, if you can't determine
what else is responsible for the trouble you see, to uninstall Cygwin and see
if it makes a difference.  I expect it won't.  If by some strange coincidence
it does, you can reinstall Cygwin and perhaps try debugging the process that
gives you this result.  No one else has reported such behavior so if it's a
bug in Cygwin that you'd like to see fixed, we'll need your input to do so.