From: Andrew Markebo [mailto:flognat@flognat.myip.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:51 PM
To: Gupta, Sanjay
Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: Re: mcrypt commnad

No idea about why you are missing cputs and cgets, easy way is to use
something other to print and input a string..

Meanwhile, just a quick thought, if I remember right you said
something like "I can't use cygwin crypt(), because it is not
unix-compatible", well how many crypt()'s out there on Solaris, Linux,
HP, digital alpha are compatible??

Or is it me being on the wrong line?? Using mcrypt on the unix-machine
and cygwin probably does the same thing..

BTW Saw a note on the mcrypt-dev on compiling mcrypt with cygwin, they
referred to use and link against mingw..

        http://lists.hellug.gr/pipermail/mcrypt-dev/2001/000087.html

        /Andy

[...]
| getpass.o: In function `mcrypt_getpass':
| /usr/src/mcrypt-2.5.10/src/getpass.c:48: undefined reference to `_cputs'
| /usr/src/mcrypt-2.5.10/src/getpass.c:49: undefined reference to `_cgets'
[...]

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!