Re: mcrypt commnad

Sorry, I did not work in all unix, I mean to say Unix I worked with ( Sun
5.6, 5.8). I am not sure whether GNU specification is different for crypt
command. I am not asking that crypt command should be changed in cygwin but
rather asking is there any equivalent command which works the same way as in
Sun OS.

You are getting command not found error in Red Hat 7.x, don't you know what
does it mean ? It means command does not exists in your system . My guess is
,you might have to get crypt RPM package to install it.

Sanjay

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:21:14AM +0200, Michael Schaap wrote:
>At 00:21 4-4-2002, Gupta, Sanjay wrote:
>>My answer :- As I recall the crypt command in all Unix works the same way
>
>You actually worked with "all Unix"?  Wow!  That's impressive!
>
>>but the same thing does not work in cygwin. The purpose of crypt command
in
>>cygwin is different than the purpose of crypt command in unix. I have no
>>idea why it is different but it is.
>
>On my copy of RedHat 7.1, crypt behaves as follows:
>
>        $ crypt
>        bash: crypt: command not found

On my copy of Red Hat 7.2, it behaves slightly differently:

  > crypt
  zsh: command not found: crypt

>Please update Cygwin ASAP so that it behaves the same!!!

Sigh.  OOOkkkk.