Re: Proprietary Software [WAS: Re: SGML/XML packages available for testing]

Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> I am using these distributions in my propriatory software:

Your proprietary software will need to have a GPL license if it uses any
library compiled with Cygwin1.dll dependencies.  Your proprietary
software will need to have a GPL license if it uses any library that is
itself covered by the GPL unless special clauses are given such as is in
the LGPL.  Any LGPL library that incorporates a GPL library is itself
covered by the GPL regardless of the stated special clauses.  Cygwin has
a special use clause that allows you to use any Open Source approved
license on your software without causing that source to need to be GPL
licensed.  That special use clause is not promoted to proprietary
software.  There may still be a license you can purchase to use with
your proprietary software, see http://www.redhat.com for more
information on where to find information on how to purchase that
license.

Earnie.