Re: tar won't restore permissions

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 09:08:03PM -0400, Ivan Dobrianov wrote:
> Ok, I posted this question more than a year ago ... and the problem is
> still present in the latest Cygwin builds:
>
> tar xpvf myArchive.tar
>
> will not restore read-only permissions, i.e. files with r-- perms will

If you're talking about the FAT attribute FILE_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY,
you're right.  This bit isn't set in the open() call in Cygwin.
Setting the NTFS permissions with ntsec or the extended attribute
with ntea is ok, though.

However, I've checked in a fix.  Try the next developers snapshot
or current from CVS.

Thanks for the report,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.