Re: Inetutils release

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:02:50AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Hey'all!
>
> We're just getting ready for a new GNU Inetutils release, and I'm
> trying my best to make sure that we run correctly on Cygwin.  I can't
> tell who's the maintainer of the package so that I can let (him/her)
> know when the release is ready.  Can someone please let me know?

I'm the maintainer but I'd like to keep this public.  FWIW, we're
still using 1.3.2 with a lot of very intrusive changes.  That's
the reason I never tried to return the changes to the main line.

Anyway, did you ever took a look into the Cygwin version?
It contains especially the change to allow inetd to run as Windows
NT service and another important change is to get rid of the
handling of uid 0 as being the superuser.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.