Serial programming patch

Hello,

I've been searching through the mailing lists trying to find a painless
way of toggling DTR/RTS lines for some test code which I am writing. I was
trying to use ioctl() but TIOCMSET, TIOCM_DTR and all the other
definitions needed are currently unsupported.

I also found in the archive a patch written by Jacek Trzcinski
(see http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-05/msg01163.html) and
wondered what the current status of this is, i.e. is it still under
development?  If the patch has been abandoned what can one do to help, how
would I go about testing it? Not knowing anything about tweaking cygwin
packages could you point me to appropriate documentation. Forgive my
ignorance but all I'm doing at the moment is a bit of C so looking at the
Trzcinski's posting of the patch is a bit like reading Arabic.

All I really want is to be able to toggle those lines so if there is an
easier way that you know of, sharing your knowledge would be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Deya