Re: [feature request] completion of paths with Windows drive letters

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Chris Metcalf wrote:
> > Repeat-By:
> >         "ls c:/win<TAB>" should expand to your Windows directory on cygwin.
>
> Maybe I'm completely wrong but I always tought "ls d:/" was just an hack
> and "real use" would suppose "ls /cygdrive/d/", as havnig colons can be
> acceptable maybe in "ls" but not in many other programs such as "scp"...

As Larry Hall said, it's not a full solution.  But most programs don't try
to parse a hostname prefix out of a nominal filename argument.  In any
case, my argument really boils down to "it should be possible to make case
completion complete to the same files that glob would give you".

                Chris Metcalf -- InCert Software -- 1 (617) 621 8080
                metcalf@incert.com -- http://www.incert.com/~metcalf