RE: Why did you guys break EVERYTHING...

The cygnus stuff goes into c:\cygwin\bin aka /usr/bin, not
/usr/local/bin. Are you sure you installed Cygwin via setup.exe, not
from some other site?

As for the tools, by and large they all support d:\foo syntax as well -
but remember, if you run them within bash, the \ becomes an escape
character, so you need d:\\foo for the tool to see the backslash.

Rob