Re: Bug in setup.exe 2.194.2.24

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:19:01 +1000 Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

I've tried to look into this, but it's slow going because I'm having
trouble following the process flow.  It appears that only the base
directory tree and prefix directories for the currently selected mirror
sites are checked.  That means if a file was downloaded for a mirror that
isn't selected in the current run, it won't get noticed in
check_for_cached().

Perhaps a separate class should be defined for tracking files found and
their possible package associations.  This could be used later for removing
obsolete versions of package archive files.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htm