setup 2.194.2.24: Bug (?) in downloading from internet

(I hope this will show up in the correct thread.. excuse me if not)

refers to msg01259.html msg01481.html

After dutifully reading the mailing list discussion on the subject,
I would like to point out that this behavior - redownloading uninstalled
packages - was absent
in previous versions of setup. In my humble opinion, the downloaded
packages and the installed packages should be treated independently by
setup for the simple reason that you may download a set of packages for
installing on multiple machines, and install a subset of it on the
downloading machine. In other words should be:

download from internet: compares repository with packages
install from internet:  compares repository with installation
install from local:     comapres packages with installation

that is, previous behaviour.