RE: Setup.exe

That's wrong. It should be
'C:\Downloads\cygwin\http%3a%2f%2fuiarchive.uiuc.edu%2fmirrors%2fftp%2fs
ources.redhat.com%2fpub%2fcygwin'

>   Sometimes I have to abort the installation program when
> making updates, and it's really annoying having to start
> over, the old way worked just fine. Setup would see that
> some of the files are already there, and skip those files.

Setup still does that. Just keep using the same list of mirrors.

> Plus, it's much easier on the eyes.

Huh? That directory is a working directory for the setup program, not a
human targeted directory.

> I don't care if it
> doesn't pick-up in the middle of a half-downloaded file
> -that is, if it just starts the last partially completed
> file over - it is still better than downloading entire set
> all over again!

You might try the prerelease snapshot which addresses a bug that causes
redownloads.

> Also, this is a minor thing, but is it
> possible for Setup to estimate before-hand aproximately how
> long the download is going to take. I mean, even if it is
> as
> simple as asking your modem type/download speed, adding the
>
> size of the files together, then doing other math stuff, to
> give an approximate time; that would be something. Then if,
> say, it could potentially take longer than the user would
> like, he/she could hit the <back> button, de-select a few
> files and repeat till the user IS satisfaction... Well,
> like I said, it would be something!

Patchs for this would be seriously considered.

Rob