Re: How to create LIB from DLL

Larry,

Due to circumstances beyond my control (yes, I know it sounds stupid), I
don't have admin on my box and setup is so darned smart, it refuses to
run.  SO that means that I am stuck...  I haven't found a site that will
allow me to pick-and-choose which files I want, but if I do, I'm in
business--do you know if there is one?

> Also, keep in mind that Cygwin is licensed under the GPL so any application
> you link with it will be too, in case that affects your efforts.

Thanks for the reminder...  This is actually the reason why I'm working on
this--our s/w won't be gpl'ed, so I have to get rid of the dependency.
However, I need to know what the dependency IS before I can get rid of it
:)...

Right now, it looks like we're using the rint() function [only] in the
cygwin1.dll library.  I coded up an rint function, but I'm getting
differing results from the baseline pre-compiled binary which depends on
the cygwin1.dll.  SO I need to figure out what-all is different.
Probably more information than you really wanted :)

Anyhow, thanks for your response!

  -Scott