can connect to sshd on linux but not on cygwin

Hallo,

I cannot connect to my CYGWIN_NT SSHD (using pubkey auth).
I can connect to a SSHD running on a linux box.
I'm using exact the same configuration file for the server
nere on Cygwin as it is on the linux.

I'm using the default configuration that comes with the
Cygwin OpenSSH with one change: PasswordAuthentication no
instead of yes.  I want PubKey auth.

I accepted all defaults during setup.  (ntsec included).

I can connect the Cygwin SSHD using password auth.

I'm using the same local setup to try to connect the linux
and the NT box.

The interesting parts in the diff from the connection log:

-debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey
-debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
-debug1: try pubkey: /home/gerrit/.ssh/id_dsa
-debug1: input_userauth_pk_ok: pkalg ssh-dss blen 433 lastkey 0x100beac0 hint 0
-debug1: PEM_read_PrivateKey failed
-debug1: read PEM private key done: type <unknown>
-Enter passphrase for key '/home/gerrit/.ssh/id_dsa':
-debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
-debug1: ssh-userauth2 successful: method publickey
-debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
-debug1: send channel open 0
-debug1: Entering interactive session.
-debug1: ssh_session2_setup: id 0
-debug1: channel request 0: pty-req
-debug1: channel request 0: shell
-debug1: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
-debug1: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 16384
-Last login: Tue May 14 13:13:47 2002 from nt.cygwin.sshd.museum
-Have a lot of fun...

+debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey
+debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
+debug1: try pubkey: /home/gerrit/.ssh/id_dsa
+debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey
+debug1: no more auth methods to try
+Permission denied (publickey).
+debug1: Calling cleanup 0x419c30(0x0)

Linux (-) lets me log in...
NT_CYGWIN SSHD (+) just blocks me...

With the default setup (no password auth) and -vvv it looks
like this being blocked:

debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try pubkey: /home/gerrit/.ssh/id_dsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: next auth method to try is keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug1: no more auth methods to try
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

Since I can connect the Linux Server but not the Cygwin Server
I suggest that it is a problem with some Cygwin related things.

More infos can be send if necessary (e.g. cygcheck output) on request.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=