Cygwin, Exim, mail filtering (transforming, changing format)

Hi2All,

I think that the following problem is specific to Cygwin.

I am using Exim MTA under Cygwin. I want to change a format of all messages
passing through Exim to the format reqired by some special application.
However I cannot make any content filter to work. Exim FAQ Q1601 describes
how to make it - set-up a filter which takes message on std input and
writes modified message to the std output. However under Cygwin it does not
work as described. Consider the simplest example:

local_delivery:
  driver = appendfile
  transport_filter = tee -a /usr/local/exim/spool/log/teelog.log
  file = /var/mail/$local_part
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  return_path_add

But instead of writing a copy of the message to the teelog.log file, this
filter makes the following error to appear in
the /usr/local/exim/spool/log/mainlog:

2002-06-02 05:56:45 GX2OYL-0001QW-00 <=
Administrator@wawmtech10tib.mynet.com U=Administrator P=local S=1065
id=20020602115644.A728@WAWMTECH10TIB
2002-06-02 05:56:57 GX2OYL-0001QW-00 ==
administrator@wawmtech10tib.mynet.com
<Administrator@wawmtech10tib.mynet.com> R=localuser T=local_delivery defer
(32): Broken pipe: error while writing to /var/mail/administrator

How to make any filter to work under Cygwin?

Or maybe there is another way to transform message format?

--
    Z powazaniem / Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
    Pawel Debski