Re: Python with pyexpat in 1.3.11?

Jeffrey,

Please post to <cygwin@cygwin.com> instead of sending private email.

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:33:39PM -0500, Jeffrey Starr wrote:
> I'm involved in porting a program from Python on Unix to Python on
> Cygwin. There are two modules that are currently not working -- threads
> and pyexpat. From your the email archive, I see that Cygwin 1.3.11 will
> have a working threads modules.

The above is correct.

> Will pyexpat work as well?

Python CVS (and Python 2.3, yet to be released) include pyexpat.  I have
submitted a patch to Python's patch collector which already has been
accepted that enables the clean building of pyexpat under Cygwin:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=551011&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Sorry, but I don't plan on back porting this to 2.2.1.  If this is
important to you, then you will have to build it yourself.  If you have
problems, please post to <cygwin@cygwin.com> and I will try to help.

> Thanks for all your work,

You are welcome.

Jason