Re: Need help in umounting the auto mounted mount points

Christopher, et al --

...and then Christopher Faylor said...
%
% On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:51:41AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% >That's what I heard, too.  I was very happy with the B20 //c access and
% >quite confused and dismayed by the change to /cygwin/c when I first met
% >it.

Please take special note of the last five words of the sentence above.

%
% Some day, in the far far distant future, as the sun slowly dies and the
% Earth is nearly lifeless, all that will be left is the cockroaches,

*grin*

% scuttling across the face of the planet, eating lichen, and complaining

I should make it clear that it's not that I feel that B20 was better
(or worse) but that the software has (unsurprisingly, and much to my
appreciation even if it may not sound like it) undergone such radical
growth and development in the time between of my downloading B20 and then
its patch (or was it B19 patched to B20?) and meeting up with Cygwin as
it is today.

Now, I'm a UNIX SysAdmin with a long brag sheet and I've done a lot
with a lot of tools under DOS and Win*, so even though I'm not much of
a programmer I like to think that I can find my way around.  So many
things (naturally) had changed in that time, though, that while I have
perl and scp and lots of other great stuff available right in cygwin
(hey, perhaps *that* is why nsperl went away!) I also have this funny
/cygdrive thing and can't just save one file on my software CD and know
that I can reinstall after a disaster and ...  It's a learning curve
thing, that's all.

Am I pining for the good old days of B*?  No.  Am I reticent to change
away from what is time-worn and comfortable?  Of course.  Do I know what
the heck is going on yet?  Not really.

% about how Cygwin B20 was so much better than cygwin 1.13976.117 .

I was going to make a smart-ass crack here but I suppose it might not go
over so well at this point.

%
% cgf

HAND