sem_getvalue patch

Folks,

I was seeing how well the latest version of arts compiled under Cygwin,
and noticed that the only real complaint was the lack of sem_getvalue()...
so I took the dive, fetched the latest Cygwin source from CVS, and poked
around to see what needed to be done.

With a little effort, I've managed to build a cygwin1.dll that exports
sem_getvalue().  The version of cygwin1.dll that I built seems subtly
hosed, though - while I can compile and run my test program from
within a Windows cmd.exe shell, trying to run bash or ls (and probably
a great many other things) hangs.

So, a couple of questions:

1) What's wrong with my cygwin1.dll?  Did I miss some special magic
I need to do in addition to adding an export to cygwin.din?

2) Assuming that I can resolve the apparent export problem and produce
a working cygwin1.dll, is there any interest in a patch for sem_getvalue()?
Or was it left unimplemented for a reason (other than lack of need/time?)

  Thanks,

-Samrobb