Re: [Fwd: Re: Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec']

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 11:59:26AM -0400, Norman Vine wrote:
> >> CYGWIN = `ntsec ntea check_case:strict'
>
> can ntsec and ntea be used together ??

ntsec overrides ntea on NTFS, ntea will still work on FAT, though.
I suggest to switch ntea off.  It creates a special file on FAT
filesystems which grows more and more and which can't be deleted
with simple operations.

I suggest not to use check_case:strict, too.  We created it for
a customer.  Case checking is only implemented inside of the
path evalutaion routines in Cygwin.  The underlying filesystems
are still only case preserving.  You will run into problems
which are pretty hard to track down as a user.
If you like checking the case, at least switch to check_case:adjust
which is somewhat less nitpicking.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.