Re[2]: cygwin1.dll [1.3.11(CVS)]: Changes since 06/19 snapshot cause page fault in kernel32.dll

Hello Christopher,

>>CF> Out of curiousity, does the latest cygwin snapshot die the same way?
>>
>>Yes! It works fine - I mean the precompiled 20020619 dll. I'm just downloading the
>>snapshot source now and will compile it and see if it works. But this
>>is strange - I update my source tree with the diff from the snapshot
>>page when a new snapshot is released - it has worked always till now :(

CF> FWIW, it almost sounds like you are missing a recent change to dcrt0.cc.

Ok - I agree that there is something that I'm missing :) I've
just completed the build of the snapshot from
cygwin-src-20020619.tar.bz2 . The resulting dll has the crash. So
maybe one of these things is the one which causes the crash:

1) The snapshot source is missing this change to dcrt0.cc
2) The --enable-debugging causes the crash
3) The new binutils has something to do with the crash

I willl now rebuild without --enable-debugging and see what happens.
Then I'll replace the binutils with the old version.

Btw I've checked visually that all the recent changes in dcrt0.cc are
there. It was last modified 4 days ago though so I should not miss
them.