Re: Perennial problem with setup

----- Original Message -----
From: "Underwood, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Underwood@nrc.ca>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 4:18 AM
..
> I appear to still have problems running the cygwin setup program from the
> cygwin homepage.

What version? Please, always include the version you are running in fault
reports.

> I reported this a while back, and using the latest snapshot
> seemed to fix the issue, however the snapshots have gone and the latest
> setup gives me the problem.

Again, please be specific. 'Latest' is not a version, as we release quite a
few snapshots. FYI the current released setup, 2.249.2.4 is most likely the
same as the most recent snapshot you where testing with. I say most likely
because based on the info you have provided, I cannot say for sure.

> The problem is that whenever i run setup, once i
> get to the download part i get the "Download incomplete" error box every
> time. This seems to have been an issue for me for some time, and i can;t
> think it's anything at my end, given i'm simply running the setup program.

That error was turning up inappropriately at onepoint, but we have corrected
that for all routine use. It may still turn up for 'reinstall' of the 'all'
category however. If thats not what you are doing, and you are running
2.249.2.4 then none of the mirrors you selected carry the actual file you
are trying to download. This may be due to incomplete syncronisation, or a
ini file with incorrect information in it.

Look in /var/log/setup.log and setup.log.full and the failed download should
be listed.

Rob