Re: problem with inheriting environment

> On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 05:21:35PM +0100, Chris January wrote:
> >The settings in the CYGWIN environment variable don't seem to be
> >inherited by child processes with latest CVS.
>
> This isn't enough information for me to go on.  You don't see
> "CYGWIN=whatever" in your child processes?  You say CYGWIN=tty and the
> CYGWIN environment variable says "tty" but you don't have a tty?  You
> say "CYGWIN=ntsec" but the enhanced permissions are not there?
I set CYGWIN=ntsec and the ehanced permissions are not there.
I set CYGWIN=check_case:strict and the case checking is relaxed.
The CYGWIN environment variable does not appear in the environ_init debug
output of the child process, and parse_options is not called.
Running strace from a cmd.exe command line I see that the cygwin options are
picked up and parsed correctly by the initial Cygwin process, but subsequent
child processes do not seem to inherit the options correctly.
I added a debug_print that prints the value of allow_ntsec to the command
line in dll_crt0_1 () after the tty_init () line. For the first process the
value is set to 1 (i.e. allow_ntsec = 1) but for any child processes, the
value is set to 0 (allow_ntsec = 0).

Also, is it normal not to be able to stat /cygdrive/c/pagefile.sys ?
If I do:
$ ls -l /cygdrive/pagefile.sys
I get:
ls: /cygdrive/c/pagefile.sys: No such file or directory
even though the file exists.

Regards
Chris