Re: sshd

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 10:06:41AM -0500, Bryan Zimmer wrote:
> /bin/bash (C:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe) definitely exists and is executable.
> However, it shows up only with ls -l /bin/bash.exe and not just
> "/bin/bash", which surprised me.

Me too.  I can't reproduce that.  What Cygwin version are you using?
Are you sure not to have two Cygwin DLLs on your system?

> My sshd is basically set up to accept hostbased or pubkey

PubKey is ok but HostBased doesn't work on Cygwin since that requires
a working s-uid bit concept.

> authentication. It has two keys, ssh_host_rsa_key, and
> ssh_host_dsa_key. It uses only protocol 2, never version 1. The public
> user keys are kept in %h/.ssh/authorized_keys2. Most of the "easy" sshd

ssh2 keys can be stored in .ssh/authorized_keys since 2.9 or so.
You don't need an extra .ssh/authorized_keys2 file.

> options are turned off. No RhostsRSAAuthentication, just RSA and DSA
> authentication. I had these options "Allow Users baz; Deny Users
> [A-Zac-z]*" which works in Linux, but I had to take it out for Cygwin.

I wonder how that worked on Linux.  According to `man sshd_config'
only ? and * are allowed as wildcards.  Other that that, the
concept of AllowUsers, DenyUsers, AllowGroups and DenyGroups works
on Cygwin the same way as on any other system.

> I also had to make sure the "Strict Modes" option was "no".

This is only needed under ntsec if you didn't set the modes and
owners of the private files correctly.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.