Re: problems with pthreads && c++ (suspect wait conditions)

Hi Thomas,

thanks for a quick reply.

>  There has been some changes in the pthread code between 1.3.10 and 1.3.11.
>  Has you tried your program with 1.3.10 ?

I had 1.3.5 I guess, but it's gone now. Mutella used to crash there and even
did not pass statics init in GDB. After I've updated to 1.3.11 it still
crashes but I can reach a breakpoint in main() with GDB.

Before I forget, I do not use exceptions in mutella at all.

>  I will try to run your app as soon as possible.

This describes how to crash the current CVS. The released 0.4 crashes as well,
but I have not investigated it that well.

I can give you a quick intro and describe a way how to crash mutella-cvs. It
is gnutella client, so once you start it it will try to create a connection
to the gnutella-net. But you probably do not want it... Than in terminal
prompt (it a terminal app) type

set QuietMode 1
exit

and start it again. most likely mutella will hanf on exit, it is also a cygwin
feature -- for whatever reason wait condition misses the wake-up call.

anyway, if you restart mutella after, it will not connect by itself. now we
can type in the crash sequence:

set SharePath /any/non/empty/but/not/too/full/dir/on/your/system
scan
<crash>

file sharing implemented in a separate thread, which communicates by means of
self-written event loop with the rest of the app. scan command issues the
event when share path is not empty. in principle you may use any string
there, but then you'll get error messages... anyways, as I see it on my w2k
box, you may need to repeat scan command several times. (you dont have to
repeat set...)

Thanks for your help,
Max