Re: (Fwd) setup fails to get list of dowload sites (on XP)

Hmm, this makes the third similar report in the last week.

I need someone who experiences this to debug the cygwin setup program and
figure out what is happening (I have no hints at the moment).

Alan, to install you need to do the following:

>From a mirror site download:
setup.exe.
setup.ini.
release/*

put them all somewhere easy (ie c:\cygwindownload\)
Then run setup.exe and choose that same directory as the 'local package
directory'. Choose a 'install from local dir' mode on the first screen.

If you know that you don't need a package, you can exclude it from the
release/ directory tree, but be careful in what you exclude.

Rob