From: "Wu Yongwei" <adah@netstd.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>,"John Vincent" <jpv50@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: inetd servers went wrong after upgrading cygwin
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 17:51:58 +0800

Thank you, John. You hit on the right point!

It seems setting the "HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options"
registry key, as mentioned in /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README, does
not work now. Why? If it is a change, should it be documented somewhere (an
update of the inetutils README?)? Or is it a BUG?

Thanks also go to Jim for giving me so much advice.

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei

-- Original Message from John Vincent ---

Hi,

For what it's worth: when I upgraded from 1.3.9 to 1.3.10
my inetd started behaving strangely, specifically the server
processes were unable to start subprocesses (ftp could not ls,
telnet could not run bash) - I'm using win2K.

I found setting the CYGWIN environment variable to "ntsec"
using the control panel fixed this. It might be worth you
trying if you haven't already.

Good Luck!

John Vincent