Running Cygwin as a serivce and automatically executing a script

After Spending a few hours hunting through mailing list archives and reading
the FAQ inside and out, I have decided to make a post to the list.

The Question:

I want to run Cygwin as a service on Windows 2000 Professional with service
pack 2 and get Cygwin to automatically run a script (in this instance a Perl
script).

Getting Cygwin to run as a service (that runs for any users) is not a
problem, I am currently using FireDaemon (http://www.firedaemon.com/) and
linking to a batch file, setting C:\cygwin as the working directory and
C:\cygwin\mybatfile.bat as the execution file.

The batch file is loaded as intended every time the machine is turned on,
however Cygwins behaviour is odd.

The batch files contains:

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
bash --login -i
CD ~
CD mydir
perl myperl.pl

When I run the batch file normally it gets as far as opening the bash, using
the currently logged in user (which happens to be administrator).

When run as a service (with or without the service set to run as
administrator) it loads the bash, but the bash reports it cannot find the
/tmp dir. And it stops execution.

In both instance the script is not loaded.

I am not very experience with either Unix or Cygwin, so any help would be
great J

What I am trying to actually do?

The reason I wish to run it as a service is to hide the Cygwin window, as I
use the machine its on for many other things and having the bash window on
the taskbar is a pain, as its not actually doing anything, once the script
has been run.

If there is another way to load a script automatically and hide the Cygwin
window, I am all ears.

Direct Contact: dave@shadowxj5.co.uk - Dave